We survived the first two weeks of school.
FUNDRAISERS: for those with children in school, you will understand this fully~~~~I HATE FUNDRAISERS!!!! We are completing the first one-for Sara's band. Some very overpriced cookie dough. I really hate having Sara asking neighbors to buy this stuff. First~they brainwash the kids-having them focus on the cheap little prises they get for selling this stuff. Then, they make them set a high goal of what they need to sell-peer guilt if they don't. Then they go on heavy about what a great deal it is for the consumer.....basically they are asking kids to sell their products for them at incredibly inflated prices so the school gets a small portion to go towards a goal-in this case the band field trip. I refused to buy the stuff!
This is the one and only fundraiser that I will do because if you know Sara at all, she does not know how to take no for an answer and she does the selling herself, while dragging her sister with her to the neighbors, don't worry, I know all of them very well and they take my cell phone with them.
On the way home today they noticed a mouse, or at least the back end of a mouse, in my
neighbor's yard. We helped her bag it since she is a single mom who freaks at these little partial gifts her cats keep bringing her....we are going to buy her a shovel with a very long handle tomorrow :)



No comments:
Post a Comment