Saturday, September 12, 2009

cross country running

Sara has completed her first week of cross country-BEFORE school! When my sisters had kids and complained about the very pre-dawn drives to practice, I had no sympathy, having no kids. But now, when all of then nieces and nephews are finished with college, I finally get it!


Now I am doing two carpools, Ruth's I do every morning and Friday afternoon. Sara's I take her to track at 6:30 and pick up her and 3 friends and take them all home.....I am the stay at home mom aka she has nothing to do but help take care of everyone else's kids....but I am glad that I can help as long as I feel appreciated. Once Sara is done with Cross country, I hope she is back on her bike.


Now, the first day of running, Sara ate a banana and off she went....not a good idea and I got to hear what happens when you do this. Next I got to hear how one of her friends had a huge bowl of cereal and milk before running....twice not a good idea! The funniest story is on Thursday when they had to run 10 laps and the coach said that you could not walk. Now Sara is the rules enforcer and passed a girl that was walking, and she quickly reminded her to pick up the pace, keep going....and the girl said "I can't...I'm black" Now, none of us are sure what that meant, but I got a good laugh out of it. All I could think of was that movie "White men can't jump"

No comments: