Well, we are now a full three weeks into school-third grade! It has already begun.........THE DREADED FUNDRAISERS...........
I really hate these things. Almost every home in this neighberhood has a child going to the same school, so they are also trying to sell these things-coupon books for the local area. Being ONLY good in this immediate area, it is no good for the other relatives that live either out of the city or out of the state! We never go out, so no good here. Ruth (I) did sell one to my younger sister that lives nearby. DH is not allowed to sell things at work and, being the boss, sticks to the rules. YOU SEE>>>>>>for many many years my sisters had children selling stuff and I did not have children. I always bought things, usually the cheapest available, reminding my sisters that someday there would be payback..gotchya!
And another thing, they give these really cool (cheap) prises based upon what the child sells. Yes mommy, I can sell 86 and get my own ipod worth about $5.00!!!!! They have even had us fill out slips for every item sold and it is posted on the board...that way humiating the child in front of the class if they do not have their name up there...what are we teaching our children?




No comments:
Post a Comment