Friday, September 22, 2006

A/C, Marshall Islands, A passing friend

Nothing much going on. Had the A/C man out this morning. The downstairs unit quit last night, but luckily the upstairs unit was humming along. Just needed a small part not a complete new motor-YEA! With it being up to 100 today, so glad we have a man that can come out on the same day called!


DH Jeff is on his way to Athens, TX for a funeral of a long time family friend, Billie. She and her family were very close to Jeff and were like a second family. Billie died Thursday.


I thought I would share some information on our daughter Ruth. She was born in Majuro, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, located in the pacific just west of the Int'l dateline. 1,500 very small islands, very poor, and the nicest people you will ever meet. We have an open adoption and have met her birth mother. We got Ruth at the young age of 10 days olds, but took us until this past fall for the US Gov't to figure out how to get her citizenship!
This is the hotel we stayed in. Don't let the photos fool you...they are third world, but with a beautiful coral reef location.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aunt Cynthia,

HI it's Lydia your favorite niece (haha).. I am SOOO excited that you all will be getting Sara soon. Her room looks amazing but really what else could be expected from such a talented mother! I just wanted to let you all know how excited I am and that I am praying for you all and Sara!
Love
Lydia