Monday, September 11, 2006

5 years ago today..



...our country changed forever.

Our daughter Ruth was 3 and I had just dropped her off at daycare. I did not hear about the planes on the radio because we listened to Barney or Veggie Tales everywhere we went...I heard about it after I took to Ruth to her classroom. I rushed home and turned on the TV, and cried. Suddenly the world in which our daughter would grow up would never be the world in which we grew up in and I ached for her.

My husband was working in downtown Dallas on the 27th floor and I wanted him to get out of building and away from the city. He knew that he had a responsibility, but got home as soon as he could, and I just cried and held him when he came through the door.

At the time we lived near a very small airport and one night Ruth asked me if a plane was going to land on her...I hugged her so tight.

No comments: