Saturday, December 16, 2006

New Bicycles





For Christmas we decided to get the girls bicycles early so we could tell what size they need. Sara has been asking for one since she came home, and Ruth needs to learn how to ride. I ended up getting both of them a bike and I am glad I have a van! Of course we bought helmets too, Ruth a purple, and Sara picked out a ladybug one.....go figure.

We took the girls to their school, since there was soft grass for Ruth to learn on, or so I thought. Sara began in the parking lot and took about 5 minutes to fall and take the skin off her knee. Luckily Jeff had followed me and ran back to the house for band-aids. I did have a wet cloth, but not enough. That taken care of, off we went with Ruth. Unfortunately they had watered the mud, and well, that did not turn out well and I am still cleaning the mud off the shoes! I decided we needed a break and we stopped at McDonald's....yes, Sara love hamburgers....an all American girl! Then off to our local park. Sara was off like the wind, and Ruth is trying very hard and is very close to being off like a small wind. I guess that once they are both up and going, I will have to get a bike, bad knee willing, to keep up with them. Our town is putting in miles of linear parks, all connected, and they are beautiful. They spent some time climbing on the vines too.

No comments: