Saturday, March 01, 2008

SOCCER


--before the game. We had our first soccer game this morning. This year they play 11-12 yr olds and on the full size soccer field. I was amazed that they were able to cover the complete field. They also play 11 per team on the field. I am sure that later in the late spring when it gets hot, they will suddenly learn to pass more than the running with the ball, but only time will tell. This first game was an exhibition game and did not count. They lost 2-0, but did play well. Ruth still plays defense and Sara plays mid-field. This year we have bleachers with a shade cover which sounds good, but when the coach is standing in front of you with the girls waiting to go in, and the sun is at an angle, well, we do appreciate the effort, but I am looking for the A/C!
Our new team is the Fillies and their colors are green, white and gold. - - after the game

No comments: