Saturday, March 22, 2008

Blessed Easter

Easter arrived a day early so the family could be together, but I know the easter bunny will come tomorrow.


We spent Easter at my parents. My three sisters and their spouses and their kids, and some of the boy friends attended. Once again my mother cooked an outstanding dinner, and my sisters that lived locally brought wonderful dishes....and I for one ate like a starving pig!


Ruth and Sara dyed Easter eggs-the first for both of them. They had a great time, but what a difference between the two. Sara had done her six by the time Ruth did two, taking her time and enjoying the experience. I got to do a few too, the first time in a very long time and adults-do it with your kids because it is still fun!


After dinner and the dishes, we played a wicked game of croquet. The underdog ended up winning-way to go Steve! Yes, the one the began out first ended up losing-maybe he should not have shown everyone how to send the ball when hit by another's. So much for all the golf he plays because it did not come in handy today-sorry Mark. BUT---fun was had by all, along with many, many laughs.


We are still the old fashion family-we still hide easter eggs for the kids-age 10-25. Of course it helps that we now put cash in some of them. I was shocked to see that my dear Ruth found the two $5! Every one decided that Sara was too skilled any next year---she goes out last!


In the evening we played a card game our family learned many years ago called Nertz. We play partners and it is a very fast game based on solitaire. We do get a little loud and vicious, but it is so much fun. The other table held the Spades competition.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

One of the things I love best about you and your family is that you always have fun and your girls are not growing up too fast. I wish we lived a little closer...we could learn so much from you!