
Last night Sara and I were talking about the days for her leading up to our coming to China. She recalled the excitment when she came home from school and Mr. Zhou called her, along with Anna, Dani, and Ling into his office. He handed her and box and said that someone sent her photos. She had no clue who would be sending her photos, and then how thrilled she was when she figured it out. She told me the other girls wanted to try on the shirt we had sent her that said "Someone In Texas Loves Me", but Mr. Zhou said no, it was only for Sara, and she told this to me proudly. I enjoyed hearing her story again, and hearing her excitment as she got to know her family that was coming for her.
At this time one year ago, we were arranging our travel plans, getting our visa and finishing up our shots. I was also busy getting Ruth ready for our leaving, and already missing her so much. We finally found luggage and began the gathering of the new dollar bills.




1 comment:
I can't believe it's almost been a year since we met in China!
Post a Comment