Sunday, August 12, 2012

remodeling #1-bathroom

Just before we left for Colorado, I got a contractor in to redo the girl's bathroom-told it would only take 3 days and they began July 5th.  Simply add tile, new sink faucets, replace light.  They did the demo really fast, then of course then you are stuck. 

The tile in in wrong, and on the wall they did not always use spacers so some slipped down.  They did not finish grouting the tile.  They used both the girl's good wash cloth and bath towel for rags....now trash.  Removed the mirror, cut off the water, took out the toilet, and left....never to be seen again....literally.  The contractor lives two houses down from me and I know he is home, yet not in communication w/ me.

I have finished it myself with the help of a plumber twice, one to put in the toilet and get the shower going, a second time to fix the leak in the new shower-but need them again since on of the new faucets is leaking.  A mirror company who cut down the mirror and put it back in. A very patient husband who rewired the new light fixture.  Two kids and myself who did the two coats of paint.  I have left to paint around the new light and add trim to the tub.

NEVER AGAIN will I hire a contractor.  I can call and get people in myself........

No comments: