
Here we go again. This time it is IKE. Most of my family have received mandatory evacuation, though I am not sure if my parents will go. Everyone got such a bad memory of last year when they sat on the Hwy for over 24 hours to go a short distance. The gov't is promising a better evacuation, but who knows. I am trying to keep in touch with my family before we lose communication so I can make sure where they are. I hope my parents leave, taking their car full of so many family heirlooms.
ANOTHER problem, this IKE is expected to hit at high tide, causing even a larger tidal surge, now they are saying 14-22 feet. My parents live at an elevation of 5 feet and the bay is only 4 miles from their home :( They are also on the "dirty" side, the east side, where the winds are the strongest and the tornadoes happen. Time for no sleep and lots of praying
AFTER IKE hist, it is making a bee line for us, so my family can not evacuate to us, and we will be making sure everything is tied down outside.




No comments:
Post a Comment