Sara had a rash Thursday night - 12:30 am-and after benadry I put her back to bed. It cleared up and she went to school on Friday. At 1:30 the nurse called and I picked her up, the rash back, and much more. I gave her two benadryl-nurse mommy. The rash went away, so I took her to gymnastics. In the evening, about 8:00, I got out of the shower and she came in-head to toe in the rash-hot to the touch and making her crazy. I called Jeff, who was 10 minutes away. I made him a lunchbox dinner and as soon as he arrived, we went to the ER. It was a severe reaction, but to what. We waited 1 hour before the Dr finally brought her two shots, one steroid and one to stop the itching which put her to sleep in about 1 minute. These went into her tiny put with the biggest needles I think I have ever seen. We got home about 11:30.
Next morning-off to soccer, still good. We pick Ruth up from her friend's birthday sleepover....she had a great time-we swing by and fill Sara's prescriptions for the steroid and itch pills. Jeff takes the girls to Blockbusters , they come home and begin watching movies-Sara in her room. Sara comes out 2 hours later-the rash is back.
I am thinking that she is allergic to something in her room, so I begin to take out what I can and vacuum the room. I give her an Oatmeal bath and the itchy pill kicks in and she is out. The Dr. did said that this reaction is progressive and will get worse each time....so we must find the cause ASAP.
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment