I did attend the Boo Hoo breakfast at elementary school for the moms and dads dropping off their kids. Chocolate chip cookies, juice and coffee. I did a little boo hoo thinking that my baby is getting so grown up and I was NOT the only mom or dad there so there you go.....great idea!!!!! Monday, August 27, 2007
SCHOOL
School has begun. It started later this year so we had exactly 3 months together. I was excited, I thought, for them to be off to school, but when I got home and it was so quiet, I was very sad.
We got Sara to ride her bus for the first day. The traffic at her school is terrible so this was a great thing. She was very excited and rode with friends. She did get a little bus sick sitting in the back, so we may need to make front seat arrangements. Then she called and could not remember her bus number, and then still almost ended up on the wrong bus. Her 6th grade friend made
sure she was on the bus and that she got to her first class alright-thanks Brianna! She loves having a locker and just bubbled when she got home. She does love her math class. Sara is in the pink backpack with her back to us about to get on the bus.
I took Ruth to her class since Sara was on her way. Both schools have the same times this year. Ruth does like her two teachers. The gifted program works a little different in 4th grade and she has 2 primary teachers.
She did come home sick and told me she was very very hot and her head was pounding. She told me it began right after school when they had the kids waiting in the 103 heat for the rides. I called my nurse friend
and she said it sounded like heat exhaustion and she was probably dehydrated. So I woke her up and got her to drink some and she was much better. I guess you would say her first day was overshadowed with the end of the day, but I am sure the rest will be wonderful.
I did attend the Boo Hoo breakfast at elementary school for the moms and dads dropping off their kids. Chocolate chip cookies, juice and coffee. I did a little boo hoo thinking that my baby is getting so grown up and I was NOT the only mom or dad there so there you go.....great idea!!!!!
I still carpool the elementary kids, but only in the morning this year. We do help the other if there is a need, so I may still have a few afternoon pick ups. This year we are not watching children after school, their parents feel they are OK to stay home 45 mins until an older sibling gets home.
I did attend the Boo Hoo breakfast at elementary school for the moms and dads dropping off their kids. Chocolate chip cookies, juice and coffee. I did a little boo hoo thinking that my baby is getting so grown up and I was NOT the only mom or dad there so there you go.....great idea!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment