Friday, March 02, 2007

Horors, and taking the Fifth

It has been a while...but we are back and running. Both girls got on the A/A-B honor roll and we are very proud of them. Soccer practice is in full swing. One evening we practice at their school, so we take Sara's bike and some friends meet her and they ride for the time. Ruth's soccer skills are amazing!

On Saturday after an early practice, the winds kicked up to 50 mph and we suddenly had west Texas in our laps. We lost some shingles, power went out everywhere, and we could hardly see to drive. We ordered new windows for the home, maybe these will keep west TX out of the house.

Last Sunday miss Sara was a bear and so I saddled her with her dad...hahaha! I went with Ruth's 3rd grade class to see the movie Bridge to Terabithia...not so sure I would have taken her if I had viewed it first. I thought it was a bit mature for an 8 year old, but I guess kids grow up fast. Jeff grilled and Sara was so excited that she insisted I take a number of photos. We had a picnic outside and enjoyed the day.


The girls are also planning ahead for the trip to their grandparents and we had to go get new swimsuits.

Monday I got the call from school, and I was not sure which one would be coming home since Ruth had been feeling bad too.....it was Sara. She has Fifth disease, usually a childhood virus that includes cheeks that look like thy have been slapped, though not an original name! She slept for two days, got to visit the doctor, and back to school on Wednesday in time for school pictures-rosy cheeks and all. Also able to attend her teacher's birthday celebration.

Yesterday we got a radiant barrier sprayed in the attic, ridge vents installed, and more insulation added....planning for the 110 summer! Last night was open house and the book fair. Both girls were proudly showing off their school work and Ruth bought 3 books, Sara 3 fancy erasers....I hope she is not NEEDING this many era seres, but is only thinking they are cool!

Tonight is soccer practice, followed by a high school girl's soccer game. Tomorrow is the first game, followed by a trip to my sister Lisa's home, followed by a quick drive back to town for a sleep over for Ruth....always on the go.

No comments: