Tuesday, May 24, 2011

and the big wind blew . .


It is Tuesday night, a few days after Joplin, MO. and we hear that once again, we are heading into the weather fight. I prepare the storm room, under the stairs, and as I do, I think of all those who have had to go through this lately, and those who did not make it. I know that if one of "those" tornadoes makes it here, we are a goner since we have no basement. This is mostly for security and I will look into ways to secure the room better, but not tonight.


It was a scarry night and there were at least 9 tornadoes, luckily small, that hit north and south of us. Thank God we made it again. I have been in a direct hit by a tornado so I have great respect. As a child growing up in Mo in tornado alley, I have seen this destruction in person and it is something you never forget.


Take time and think what is your safest room and make a plan and make sure the kids are up on it.....what will you take, make sure you have shoes on, and something I heard new which was put the bicycle helmets on the kids. Have blankets and pillows to crawl under, flash lights, cell phones, meds......you get the point. Oh yea, remember that you animals are also looking for help...take them with you too.

No comments: