
WELL, it is now
Friday evening and we are still house bound. The kids are mixed about missing 4 days of school~~it will have to be made up at the end of the school year. There was not enough heat to do much of anything with the 1 1/2 " of ice, and our street is a hill, facing away from the sun, so it is really bad. Just because we were not having enough fun, last night we also had 5" of snow~~~on top of the ice. Sara is enjoying it, Cooper likes digging in it, the cat is put out, Jessie is tolerating it, Ruth is ignoring it, and I am trying to keep a walkways clear for everyone. Now everyone will know why we say "if you don't like the weather, just wait, it will change"
I found out how dangerous this was as I stepped on ice and went down,

landing on the back of my head. Luckily my neighbor took me to the hospital and it was a concussion, but it really hurts, along with my neck. With the good drugs and a few days rest, I should be back up and going in time for Wed's snow.......
Jeff is making it barely to work each day, but they are putting some their employees up in local hotels since the drive is too dangerous and taking hours to make. Hoping Jeff makes it home this weekend.
1 comment:
Oh Cynthia!!! OUCH is right! I'm so sorry you fell in that nasty stuff. I know you're counting the days until spring just like I am. But one would think it would arrive in TX before MI. Sending you big, big (((hugs))). I so hope Jeff makes it home this weekend. Sounds like you need some TLC. Hope your girls are taking good care of you.
S.
Post a Comment