Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Dr. time


This evening I finally took the girls to the pediatrician to begin their HPV series of shots. I wanted this to be in use for years before I subjected my girls to it. The entire visit was interesting. Sara was first with the physical and she is SOOOO ticklish that she could not sit still, or be quiet. I mentioned her getting faint everytime she ran hard, so we had a blood test done and she is anemic so we will add iron to her diet in pill form. She is also scheduled for an EKG next week. She had to get her shot in her leg because her arm is so thin-but she is up to 81# and excited about that---what a confused girl!

Next was my very quiet Ruth. She had a migraine to begin with, so I felt so sorry for her. She was so still and quiet as usual. When it came shot time, I did not even know she had gotten it because she did not even flinch. Then we checked her spine and the Dr. showed me in more detail her scoliosis-which begins with one leg being longer, and then the rest of the body adjusts by twisting some. We have X-rays every year to make sure it does not get worse.

The girls go back for the second shot in 2 months, then a third I think a few months after that. This will prevent a certain type of cervical cancer.

No comments: