Today we spent the afternoon having so much fun. Beginning at noon, we went next door to help my neighbor and her 8 yo son put up her Christmas lights. She had boxes of decorations and the girls untangled the strings of lights, I directed which direction for the final electrical hook up, the 3 kids put the steaks holding the lights and outlined the yard and front garden. As we were doing this, the next neighbors up, an elderly couple, came out and the kids quickly move to help them do their lights. Once again, lots of laughter.I took a break to do the final year end cut on the yard, which required raking 5 large bags of leaves, and the 8 yo came over and helped.
At the end of the day we were exhausted, hungry, and proud of all we had accomplished.
I told the kids that this is exactly what being a neighbor is all about. Yes, we do know all of our neighbors..I make a point that we meet all the newcomers. I hope the girls see what it is all about and are always good neighbors when they grow up. I think everyone would benefit if we were all better neighbors.
There.....that is my wish for the day...besides....they are so much fun!




No comments:
Post a Comment