Thursday, October 29, 2009

GETTING SARA

The next day we flew from Beijing to Nanchang. We arrived, dumped our things at our hotel, and we were off for our babies. We loved seeing our new friends getting their beautiful babies. The three from Fuzhou were a little late-one being Sara one her best friend that we meet later~Mailia.

Finally in came the three and at first I did not recognize Sara. Understand we only had 3 photos of her and they were old, but she had on the backpack that I sent her with a dragon fly that I sewed onto it. I had made a smaller dragonfly just like it as a pin that I was wearing. She was crying and so frightend. I wanted to just scoop her up and hug her, but I also remembered that we were just strangers to her and I did not want to frighten her more. The director showed us the huge stack of school books that she brought along. Too bad they searched her and too away all other personal items that she posessed which were trivial.

AND, just in case you were wondering, yes, we were all crying, and I cry just remembering this day---the day I became a mom to a beautiful little girl and the day our other little girl Ruth-whom I was missing so VERY much- got a sister .

1 comment:

Mailia's Mom said...

And I'm crying too! This memories thing is rough. :-) It's what I've been doing today too though. Three years...just doesn't seem possible. I remember it all like it was yesterday. So very happy we share this special day!

Love and huge (((hugs))),
S. and M.