Saturday, April 18, 2009

MISC


Well, I once again lost the battle in my gardening endeavors, this time with a tree/bush trimmer....so, when there is a little branch stuck on the cutting blade, do NOT run your fingers along them to take it off.....one finger typing takes much longer. Thank goodness this time I did not have to go to the hosp for stitches.

Ruth and I got our first pairs of real glasses. We figured that Ruth had a problem when she could not see the clock across the room. I decided I needed something besides reading glasses when those huge signs on the fwy were getting hard to see. Mine are a copper color and Ruth's are black with green inside.....very cute.

Sara had her first Chinese class and loved it. Three boys in her class she knows from school. Sara is the most advanced, follow by our friend's daughter who came home from China a month ago. Though she is more recent, she was in 2nd grade and Sara was in 6th when she came. When the question was doing flash cards for the class, Sara and Y kept shouting the answers, so I asked them to give the rest of the class a chance since they were becoming frustrated.....it worked out well, and the teacher teaches from her home 1/2 miles from us :)


Lots of rain and we are NOT complaining, but this had cancelled our Friday night soccer 2 hr practice and the games on Sat. Makeups will begin next Sunday since 3 games have already been rained out and we must do makeups.

No comments: