OH, the joys of having your birthday just two days after Christmas. Since we were still at my parent's house, we did have family there. We had a wonderful ice cream cake from Kroger. Sara loved her Hannah Montana calender. She got many great things.
The next day, we went to my friend Ruth's house for a visit. Another long time friend Joe was visiting too, also a friend from HS, so it was old time reunion.I have know Ruth since 10th grade, and that was a LONG time. Ruth and I decided to go get something for dinner, while the rest of the gang went to play at some tennis. As soon as us moms got back to the house, we got a call about an accident that had occurred. Joe went to the back of the court to hit a ball, not noticing that due to ground subsidence, it was no longer level.....he broke his leg. Did I mention that Joe was in town watching his father in a nursing home while his sister was out of the country. SO, Joe did a lot of hopping around until he made it back to Chicago area to see his Dr. Way to be tough Joe.
The next day, we went to my friend Ruth's house for a visit. Another long time friend Joe was visiting too, also a friend from HS, so it was old time reunion.I have know Ruth since 10th grade, and that was a LONG time. Ruth and I decided to go get something for dinner, while the rest of the gang went to play at some tennis. As soon as us moms got back to the house, we got a call about an accident that had occurred. Joe went to the back of the court to hit a ball, not noticing that due to ground subsidence, it was no longer level.....he broke his leg. Did I mention that Joe was in town watching his father in a nursing home while his sister was out of the country. SO, Joe did a lot of hopping around until he made it back to Chicago area to see his Dr. Way to be tough Joe.




No comments:
Post a Comment